don’t let your black cat outside, some people are very superstitious, and may steal or kill the innocent babe
is there anyone in the west virginia area that would be willing to take in a young LGBT kid getting away from an abusive home for a few days while the legal shit gets worked out
please i really really really need help even if its just a signal boost this is me fucking begging ple ase
This is a fund set up for the people who have been arrested while protesting in Ferguson. Please donate if you can and share widely. This is concrete action we can take to support the people of Ferguson. Also please call your local representative and let them know you do not agree with what’s happening. Here’s a script and a way to find the contact info for your local reps.
Please signal boost.
On June 3rd, 2014, the Serrano family was having difficulty with a young female family member who suffers from a mental illness and depression. Yanira Serrano-Garcia, 18, had apparently gone off of her medication and became agitated and hard to control.
“[Yanira] wanted to be normal. She wanted to stop taking her medication, and I get it. Sometimes when my feet hurt I just want to be normal. I don’t want to take pills. I get her…all we want is justice,” said a friend of Yanira’s during a community march.
“Sadly, they mistook her for something she didn’t do, and a cop decided to get his gun out when he could have gotten out his taser, his pepper spray,” she said.
“She has special needs and we just want answers,” said Yanira’s brother, Tiny Serrano. “Who are we supposed to call now when we need help when who is supposed to help us is killing our kids?”
I feel like I reblog this kind of stuff every single day… Same story, different names. And police always use the same fucking excuses because they’re trained in how to loophole the law.
girl with butter knife in public vs. trained police officer
ATTENTION ALL DOG OWNERS AND DOG LOVERS
DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG BUSY BONES!!!
See that adorable little fluff ball? His name was Gizmo, he was one of the happiest little pup pups that I have ever seen. He loved his family and every minute he cold spend with my mom.
One day, we gave him a busy bone as a treat. A few hours after eating it, he starting acting really odd. He wasn’t acting odd and barely reacted to anything.
We didn’t really think anything of it because he was a pretty odd little pup and we thought he just he had to poop or something. So we went to bed and everything like normal.
The next day, he was even worse. He didn’t move at all, and threw up everything he tried to eat or drink. My mom called the vet and they said to just let it go for the night because he was probably just a little ill.
Gizmo just kept getting worse and worse. He could barely life his head and laid around all day long. Finally, my mom brought him into the vet and she told them about what was going on and they decided to do an X-Ray on him.
After the results came in, they noticed a large blockage in Giz’s intestines. They called my mom so she could bring him in for emergency surgery.
After surgery, the vet came out with a sample of what was blocking his intestines. As soon as my mom saw it, she knew exactly what it was.
They said they extracted as much as they could, but it was hard because he was only about 10 pounds and surgery is hard on little dogs. We picked him up from the vet a few hours later so he could have a chance to wake up. When we picked him up, he was still under the anesthesia and not very responsive. We still brought him home because it was either that or leave him at the vet overnight alone.
When we got home, all of my other animals got next to the kennel to see what was wrong.
About an hour after getting home, Gizmo passed away at only 4 years old.
I then wrote a very angry letter to Purina (the owners of Busy Bone) telling them what happened. I heard back the next day, and we started our claim.
They talked to Gizmo’s vet who told them is was definitely the Busy Bone that had caused his death. Purina paid us for the cost of the surgery just to shut us up and left us.
I am telling you this story as a warning, I know that Busy Bones are a popular treat to give dogs, but I am begging you
Please do not feed your dogs Busy Bones.
Gizmo’s life couldn’t be saved, but your dog still has a chance.
Hi guys ! As some of you may or may not now, I’m now working as a visual development artist in Germany. The thing is, due to some issues with my landlord I have to move out by the end of September. This means I would technically be homeless in October.
My friend and colleague pikipouet and I are now searching for a place to live in by the beginning of October, possibly in Ludwigsburg or Stuttgart, as the studio we work in is located in Ludwigsburg.
We’re having a lot of trouble trying to find something, because we don’t speak german very well, so realters and people renting their flat are not very responsive :/
I’m writing this message here because I know for a fact some of you are leaving in Germany and were pretty excited I’d move there, so if you could help by reblogging, sharing, or if you have heard about a flat in that area that would be free…. please send me an ask or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘flat searching’
Seriously, any kind of help would be welcome ! I’m getting a little desperate here, we’ve been searching for two months now :/
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 67% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 53 commisioned officers —3 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. This is Not the first time Ferguson’s police have been heavy handed with it’s Black residents - Innocent Black man beaten by cops, then charged with bleeding on police officer’s uniforms
9. So please - don’t get it twisted